17 May 2019
With Winter out the way and Spring upon us, it’s no wonder our skin can look dull and tiresome. The harshness of Winter can really play havoc with your skin.
We’ve got plenty of treatments here at our Hereford spa that will get your skin looking and feeling fresh in no time. Sometimes a bit of a pamper is all you need!
But, if you want to work on improving your skin care routine at home, here are a few of our top tips to get that healthy glow:
1. Cleanse: It's important to keep your skin clean to prevent clogged pores and a dull appearance. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser every morning and night, followed by a quick sweep with toner on a cotton pad. Also, wash your face after activities such as exercising, cleaning the house, gardening, or any other dirty or physically exerting activity, or one that requires the use of sunscreen. Clean skin is beautiful skin.
2. Exfoliate: If your skin is looking dull it’s quite likely that you’ll have a build-up of dead skin cells, sunscreen, makeup, or oils. Exfoliation is a good way to get that glow back to the surface by revealing the fresh, new skin underneath. If you choose a scrub, try not to scrub too hard or your skin will look flushed. If you use a fruit-acid cream or gel, don't overdo it. A once weekly exfoliation should be sufficient for most skin types.
3. Refresh: If you don't have time to thoroughly wash your face, or you want that fresh-faced look, use an astringent to clean and refresh your skin. A facial spritz is a great way to pep up the skin. You'll feel invigorated and your face will show it!
4. Moisturise: Keeping your skin moisturised is very important – whatever your skin type is. Apply moisturizer to your face after each cleansing routine.
5. Protect: Above all else, this is the most crucial step. If you tend to have breakouts or skin irritations, look for oil-free or extra-gentle sunscreens especially formulated for facial skin.
6. Soothe: If you've been caught out in the sun, soothe your skin with aloe vera gel or cocoa butter cream. These ingredients coat the skin with soothing moisture and are very gentle. Opt for fragrance-free formulations to minimize the possibility of further skin irritation.
7. Enhance: Get that sun-kissed look with a shimmery bronzer - a sheer cream or gel that's used like a foundation. Lightly dust some rosy blush on the apples of your cheeks too, and you'll look like you've been having fun in the sun!
8. Powder: Keep a translucent pressed powder compact to hand. Blotting your skin frequently with a powder puff or tissue tipped in powder will absorb extra sweat and oil. You'll look fresh as a daisy and it'll help keep breakouts under control.
9. Nourish: For a great pick-me-up; nourishing your skin with a relaxing facial mask. Buy a botanical mask for normal skin, a mud mask for oily skin, or an avocado mask for dry skin. Your skin will feel seriously soft!
10. Pamper: Your skin will feel and look fantastic if you make time to pamper it once a week. A home facial works wonders, combining the steps above; cleanse, exfoliate, mask and moisturise. Et voila, beautiful, glowing skin.
Now that you’re a master of your skin routine, why not check out the other treatments we have available at Holmer Park?
A nice relaxing spa day will not only work wonders for your skin, but you’ll feel amazing all over!
Have a look around our website for more information, or give a member of our friendly team a call on 01432 370222.
Want to have a look around Holmer Park or have a question?